Information Literacy and beyond
for E-Research Support
23 - 24 November 2015 in Prague
The Workshop on Information Literacy for E-Research is organized by the Special Interest Group for Information Literacy of IATUL and the Czech Technical University of Prague - Central Library.
It will be held on 23-24 November 2015 in Prague at the Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic. The language used at the workshop is English.
Aim & scope
Information literacy to support e-research being the main theme, the workshop aims to bring together information professionals and researchers to exchange knowledge and experience and discuss current issues, recent developments, challenges, theories and good practice. The seminar is open to speakers and participants from any region, IATUL members as well as non-members, who wish to share their challenges and experiences within the proposed topic.
1. Competencies and skills for e-research support (specific topics or fields of knowledge such as data management, academic identity management, publication support, funding support)
2. Librarians’ skills: Advanced training for research support librarians (internal training programme, staff planning, …)
3. Approaches and methods for e-research-support (one-to-one, boutique approach, lunch sessions, interactive workshops, project counselling, embedded librarians, …)
4. Support networks (round tables with involved units, cooperation with IT departments, faculty representatives or university administration, …)
5. Promoting and evaluating library services for researchers (surveys of researchers’ requirements, evaluation of existing library services, marketing activities, ….)